VPN and SMB

Joseph tapfu at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 12 21:51:33 GMT 2002

Can anyone tell this newbie (ME) where I can get step by step
instructions of how to network my RH 8.0 running samba with my XP.
So far
I have nics connecting to a switch/ I can ping the other machine from
the other and I don't know how to cofigure Samba

I cannot see the win box from  RH 8.0, but I can see the Samba server
(localhost) on the Win XP machine , but cannot access it

Just a new guy trying to make the switch

Ohh by the way, XP is the Server with 2 nics,..one going to my dsl and
one going to the RH 8.0