Win2K client cannot connect to Samba Server

Dhiren Bhatia dhiren_bhatia at hotmail.com
Fri May 3 15:26:34 GMT 2002

Hi All,

I'm facing a very wierd problem. I have a Samba server running on a Linux
box(Suse 7.1 Personal) and two Windows 2000(SP2) clients in the same
WorkGroup(=WORKGROUP).

One of the Win2K clients connects to the shared resources(folders and
printer) on the Linux machines with no problems, however, the other one just
cannot see the linux machine in its network neighbourhood. From what i can
see, the settings on both Win2K clients is the same.

The one which can connect gives me results when running nbtstat -A
<Samba_Server_IP>. The other one says 'Host not found'.

I've tried reinstalling the NetBEUI protocol on it a couple of times, no
help.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks,
Dhiren