Ali Hasnain Baqri
ali.baqri at sun.com
Thu May 2 15:15:54 GMT 2002
I am using smbclient v 2.2.2
I am executing smbclient through java.lang.Process.exec(String)
I am getting the output through stream from it.
When I list the contents of a directory on Windows containing japanese
characters, the output is corrupted.
Using InputStreamReader to read the output of smbclient with encoding as
any of euc-jp, shift-jis and utf-8 doesnot work. I tried using -t option
to supply the encoding in conjuction of above, it still doesnot work.
I then printed the values of character in the string which was being
formed out of smbclient output even with the encoding defined. None of
them is above 255.
I had set "coding system" to above mentioned encodings one by one and
"client code page=932"
Kindly help be get the japanese characters correctly from smbclient output.
More information about the smb-clients