Win2K PDC logon_failure

David Giroux dgiroux at authentica.com
Fri Jun 28 19:53:08 GMT 2002

I have a program that uses libsmb to establish a connection to a Windows
PDC. I am using Nov 1999 version of libsmb. When I originally wrote the
program, I tested it against WinNT PDCs and it worked fine. I am now
trying to test against Win2K (Active Directory - mixed mode) PDC and it
does not work (logon_failure). Using rpcclient, I noticed the same
failure but when I added the -W agrument (domain), rcpclient was able to
establish the connection.

Does anyone know what has changed between WinNT PDC and Win2K PDC? Is
there something I need to do to the Win2K PDC so that my program works?
Do I need to modify my program to supply the domain?

Thanks,

DG.