NBSS unreassembled packet

Nisha Srinivasan nisha at nsca.sel.sony.com
Tue Dec 3 22:46:34 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have a SMB Client on Windows (actually Palm emulated on Windows).
Am trying to communicate with a  Windows XP SMB server.

After establishing a TCP connection, I do a NetBios Session Service request
to the SMB server.
 I get a negative response (0x83) with "Unspecified error" (0x8F).

Using etherreal,  the packet reads "NBSS unreassembled packet".
The hexadump of my packet looks correct - 4 bytes of header and 34 bytes
each of L2 encoded destination and source host names.

Googling doesn't throw much light on 'NBSS unreassembled packet'.
Appreciate any pointers or possible solutions.

Thanx,
Nisha