working on samba client (terminal based)

Mechiel Lukkien mechiel-smb-clients at ueber.net
Tue Aug 20 21:39:05 GMT 2002

Hello,

For some time now I have been working on a samba client (terminal-
based, using readline). It's not `finished', but since I saw a
question about such a program in the July archive I thought I'd
mention it (I also hope that by posting this I'll be under a bit
more pressure to work on and release it).

It's based on the libsmbclient library and GNU readline library.
Some of the more important features are (not unlike ncftp):
- command, local/remote file completion
- local/remote file globbing
- progress can be shown for file transfers
- resuming for file transfers

These features have mostly been implemented, work to be done includes
quite a bit of polishing, fixing bugs, finding out about some details
of the used libraries, writing documentation et cetera.

If people are interested I could try to put up a snapshot in a few
weeks (and work harder to get it ready). Hope to have news soon!

--
Mechiel Lukkien