How can I drop smbmount mounts easily ?

R.C.Pasianot boby at tdmc2.cnea.gov.ar
Fri Aug 16 20:57:57 GMT 2002

 Hello list,

 Please note I'm not a member, so I apologize if this has been asked
 before. May be a good soul can point me into the right direction.

 Question: Is there an easy way to drop smbmount connections when they
           are no more in use ?
 Details:
 I'm running samba 2.0.7 under Linux. Windows users access this sever
 and smbmount their Windows discs. At the end of the day some of these
 users turn off their machines without smbumounting their discs first.
 After that a simple "df" will freeze the console. Pretty annoying.
 I can think of ugly ways, but isn't there anything like a heartbeat
 so that if there's no answer the connection is dropped ?.

 Thanks for your attention

 Roberto

                   Roberto C. Pasianot
                   pasianot at cnea.gov.ar