Unix client NT server

Keith Mastin kmastin at beechtree-its.com
Wed Nov 21 00:35:45 GMT 2001

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Will Spies/Towers Perrin wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I would like to find documentation on how the Samba client can be used on
>Unix to access an NT filesystem.
>
>Can someone point me to the documentation? If this is not possible, can
>someone tell me?  I've found documentation on hour to mount Unix shares on
>NT and how to mount Unix shares of ( I think ) other Unix boxes. What we
>want to do is mount a Unix share of another NT box so we can write directly
>under Unix to NT.

You may need to recompile your kernel with ntfs support before this is
possible. good thing you're moving to a system where recompiling a
kernel to do something like this is possible, huh?

Fair notice: Since you have been using NT and are now obviously moving
to a *nix distro, we have every intention of getting you to eventually
use your *nix for everything and to stop paying "Unca Bill" so much for
playing with his toys.
:)
Keith Mastin	     kmastin at beechtree-its.com
BeechTree Information Technology Services Inc.
137 Laird Drive    M4G 3V5    Tel(416)696-6070
	   http://www.beechtree.ca