Unix client NT server

Will Spies/Towers Perrin spiesw at towers.com
Tue Nov 20 12:46:05 GMT 2001

I have not put this on any Unix yet. I wanted to first understand whether
or not what I want to do is doable. Based on the answers it seems it is and
I can from Unix mount a share which is actually an NT filesystem. Thanks
for your help!

                                         To:     Will Spies/Towers Perrin at TP
                    Urban Widmark        cc:     <smb-clients at lists.samba.org>
                    <urban at teststa       Subject:     Re: Unix client NT server
                    tion.com>

                    11/19/01 07:01
                    PM

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Will Spies/Towers Perrin wrote:

> I would like to find documentation on how the Samba client can be used on
> Unix to access an NT filesystem.

man smbclient?

> Can someone point me to the documentation? If this is not possible, can
> someone tell me?  I've found documentation on hour to mount Unix shares
on
> NT and how to mount Unix shares of ( I think ) other Unix boxes. What we
> want to do is mount a Unix share of another NT box so we can write
directly
> under Unix to NT.

What flavour of *nix are you talking about ...

Linux and *BSD has kernel support to make it look like a normal filesystem
(smbfs). Samba's smbwrapper may work on your platform. Or Sharity(-light).
Or perhaps putting a NFS server on the NT box.

/Urban