Unix client NT server

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Mon Nov 19 23:54:56 GMT 2001

	Just do:

	smbclient //server/share

	You might need the -W flag. The command options are pretty simple. Type smbclient --help or similar. Is there no man page?

> Can someone point me to the documentation? If this is not possible, can
> someone tell me?  I've found documentation on hour to mount Unix shares on
> NT and how to mount Unix shares of ( I think ) other Unix boxes. What we
> want to do is mount a Unix share of another NT box so we can write directly
> under Unix to NT.

	Using mount with smbfs works on Linux only. There are commerial products for other *nix though. I think one is Sharity. If you happen to be using Java look at jCIFS.

	Mike