[Samba] Getting 'Access Denied' under Offline mode (Offline Files)

June Chong | TechnologyWise june at tw.co.nz
Wed Sep 11 01:25:08 UTC 2024

Hi Rowland,

Below is the output for testparm -s:

/Server role: ROLE_ACTIVE_DIRECTORY_DC
/

/# Global parameters
[global]
         ldap server require strong auth = No
         passdb backend = samba_dsdb
         realm = SAMBADOM
         server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc,
drepl, winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
         workgroup = SAMBADOM
         rpc_server:tcpip = no
         rpc_daemon:spoolssd = embedded
         rpc_server:spoolss = embedded
         rpc_server:winreg = embedded
         rpc_server:ntsvcs = embedded
         rpc_server:eventlog = embedded
         rpc_server:srvsvc = embedded
         rpc_server:svcctl = embedded
         rpc_server:default = external
         winbindd:use external pipes = true
         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
         idmap config * : backend = tdb
         map archive = No
         vfs objects = dfs_samba4 acl_xattr

[sysvol]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
         read only = No

[netlogon]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/sambadom/scripts
         read only = No

[pc-admin]
         path = /data/share_pool/pc_admin
         read only = No
         vfs objects = recycle
         recycle:versions = yes
         recycle:keeptree = yes
         recycle:repository = .recycle

[openvpn_share]
         path = /data/vpncerts
         read only = No
         vfs objects = recycle
         recycle:versions = yes
         recycle:keeptree = yes
         recycle:repository = .recycle

[usr_profiles]
         path = /data/usr_profiles
         read only = No
         vfs objects = recycle acl_xattr
         recycle:versions = yes
         recycle:keeptree = yes
         recycle:repository = .recycle

[usr_homes]
         path = /data/usr_homes
         read only = No
         vfs objects = recycle acl_xattr
         recycle:versions = yes
         recycle:keeptree = yes
         recycle:repository = .recycle

[general]
         path = /data/share_pool/general
         read only = No
         vfs objects = recycle full_audit acl_xattr
         full_audit:failure = none
         full_audit:success = mkdirat renameat write read readdir open
connect chdir disconnect
         full_audit:syslog = true
         full_audit:prefix = %u|%I|%S
         recycle:versions = yes