[Samba] High RAM consumption

Dinar Yulm yulm.dinar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 15:57:06 UTC 2024

> detail such as the Samba version

$ git show
commit 8209a1035d362673a87bccc9264efce05402a2f2 (HEAD, tag: samba-4.20.4,
origin/v4-20-stable)
$ lsb_release -d

> what kind of database ldb is using (tdb or lmdb)

lmdb

> the size of the domain, the number of active users
> Do you know why your database is 4GB?

We have connected Samba to a very large Windows domain. It has more than
15,000 users and computers. Users have a lot of additional data and
settings.

I repeated the problem on the test domain and servers with the minimum
necessary (generated) data.
Next, I described how to get the same configuration of the Samba controller,
see the attached file.

These are links to videos demonstrating the problem:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10Eyt5vQFExOhUJ3RFNGnOSXnKMM4Cn4u?usp=drive_link

ср, 28 авг. 2024 г. в 06:12, Douglas Bagnall <