[Samba] LDAP error 53 LDAP_UNWILLING_TO_PERFORM

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue May 28 15:38:05 UTC 2024

On Tue, 28 May 2024 17:58:55 +0300
Omnis ludis - games via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> A Windows-based domain controller is definitely not an RODC,

That is a fact.

> I can’t
> understand why it goes to this line, I’m putting together a package
> for testing myself, making some changes to it, maybe this is related
> to this,

What changes ?
I all can say is that following your error message points to it trying
to set up an RODC in a standard tarball. I also cannot understand why
you would want to do this with Centos 7 at this point, when it goes EOL
in a matter of weeks. If you want Samba packages, you can find them
here:
https://samba.tranquil.it/centos7/

> tell me about local, why it’s not advisable to use .local

Quite some time ago, Microsoft advised using '.local' was okay, that is
until it was pointed out that '.local' was reserved for Bonjour on Macs
and Avahi on Linux, so they stopped doing this, this was years ago. If
you are going to use '.local', do not let any Macs near your domain and
turn off Avahi on every Linux machine.

Rowland