[Samba] Notes on Samba at FL 2012 and FL 2016 (was: Re: Fwd: Re: Can't join AD (Fabio Fantoni))

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu May 23 20:50:51 UTC 2024

Samba 4.20 now implements FL 2012 except for Group Managed Service
Accounts.
With the limitation that some features around PKINIT "Key trust" (see
Windows Hello for Buisness, which would require something like ADFS
anyway), PKINIT key expiry, Samba 4.20 also has a credible
implementation of the FL 2016.
The last two of these will be in Samba 4.21.
So mostly even for the more recent FLs, it is matter of some features
will be entirely absent, but as long as you know that we do the higher
FLs now.
(But that is also why I have not bumped the default FL).
Andrew Bartlett
--
Andrew Bartlett (he/him)       https://samba.org/~abartlet/Samba Team Member (since 2001) https://samba.orgSamba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/sambaCatalyst.Net Ltd
Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group