[Samba] problems with updating dns when restoring a domain controller from an online backup

Omnis ludis - games sergey.gortinsc17 at gmail.com
Thu May 23 09:24:20 UTC 2024

Good afternoon, I have a controller based on samba 4.19 + bind dns, I
decided to experiment with restoring the controller, I created a backup
using the command samba-tool domain backup online --targetdir=<output-dir>
--server=<DC -server> -UAdministrator
After that, I reinstalled Samba on the new machine and tried to restore the
domain using the following command: samba-tool domain backup restore
--backup-file=/tmp/backup/samba-backup-trust.red-2024-05-23T11-07-
04.910541.tar.bz2 --newservername=reddc1 --targetdir=/opt/restore
After recovery, I started the service with the correct config file smb.conf
and it started successfully, but what I noticed is that the bind_dns folder
is empty and when I try to run the command /opt/reddc/sbin/samba_upgradedns
--dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ I get the following error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/samba/sbin/samba_upgradedns", line 286, in <module>
    lp.load(lp.configfile)
TypeError: argument 1 must be str, not None

how can I get samba to make friends with BIND9_DLZ again