[Samba] trust relationship between this computer and the primary domain failed

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Wed May 22 19:55:50 UTC 2024

On Wed, May 22, 2024 19:28:31 UTC, Peter Milesson miles at atmos.eu wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> Clock drift?

No.  The WS clock is synced with network time.

I disconnected the network cable which allowed the user to log into their
workstation with their downloaded roaming profile.  I then plugged the network
cable back in which connected to the network as an unauthenticated domain
connection.  They have network connectivity but not a domain session.

They have been told that any changes made to their profile locally will not be
preserved, including saving documents or downloaded files, unless they manually
move them somewhere on the local system storage.

I do not know what caused this but I did discover while disconnecting the
network cable that its retention clip was broken.  So, it might be an artefact
of a network interruption at an unfortunate time.  I have changed the cable but
I still need to know how to deal with this computer authentication problem.

If driven to it I will simply deleted the computer from the AD and add it back
in with a new objectSid.

   Unencrypted messages have no legal claim to privacy

Canada  L8E 3C3