[Samba] Disaster Recovery Activity with Samba-AD-DC

Anantha Raghava raghav at exzatech.net
Sat May 18 05:09:57 UTC 2024

Hi,

List of services:

1. smbd - average - 538 threads - consuming approximately 20%

2. ldap - average - 8 threads - consuming approximately - 15%

3. dns[master] - average - 22 threads - consuming approximately 38%,
sometimes it tops at 95%

4. other processes - kdc, samba-dcerpcd, cladap[master], drepl[master],
rpc - consuming anywhere between 2% - 6% of the CPU.

Other points to note:

1. We are using Samba Internal DNS

2. These are pure AD servers.

Any other OS parameters to be fine-tuned?

Now, we have 16 Cores (2 Socket x 8 cores each), 24 GB RAM on each
server (Virtual Machine).

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava H A

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail communication and any attachments may be privileged and
confidential to Exza Technology Consulting & Services, Indryve Inc &
their group companies, and are intended only for the use of the
recipients named above If you are not the addressee you may not copy,
forward, disclose or use any part of it. If you have received this
message in error, please delete it and all copies from your system and
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail. Internet communications
cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The
sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions.