[Samba] Sync samba machine account between diffent samba versions - 4.1 to 4.15

Gilberto Ferreira gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Fri May 17 15:36:33 UTC 2024

Hi there.
I have two samba servers, let's say srv01 and srv02. For that matter, both
are Zentyal Server 4 and 8, respectively.
In the srv01 there is samba version 4.1, which is in the network
182.168.200.0/24, and which is by the way also the gateway to both network.
In the srv02 there is samba version 4.15, which is in the DMZ network
10.10.100.0/24
The first is an additional controller for the second.
Everything is working fine, except for machine sync.
Let me explain:
- Between these two samba servers, I have a Windows 2022 server. I was able
to put Windows 2022 in the samba domain without any problems, which was a
bit of surprise to me, since I always used to install SMB1v and SMB2v,
first and then add the Windows server into the samba domain.
- I can log in into the Windows 2022 server using the domain account
created in the server with samba 4.15
- In fact users created in both samba servers appear on both servers.
- With pdbedit --list I can see the following:
srv01:
pdbedit --list
SRV01$:4294967295:SRV01$
SRV02$:4294967295:
WINSRV01$:4294967295:
srv02:
pdbedit --list
SRV01$:3000020:SRV01$
SRV02$:3000022:

As you can see, the windows 2022 server was added in the srv01, which has
samba 4.1.17 and does not appear in srv02, which has samba 4.15.13.
Based on that, I wonder if this is something to do with these different
versions, before I seek some help with the Zentyal guys.
And I wonder if there is any way to force a sync between the two samba
servers, in regard to the samba machines account.

Thanks in advance.

---
Gilbert