[Samba] Daemon "started" messages

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Fri May 17 08:33:44 UTC 2024

> Are you sure that you were not getting these messages previously ?

Yes.
I had never seen them and I still don't see them on those server that
are still at 4.17.

>  From Samba 4.16.0 a new binary was created 'samba-dcerpcd', it had
> previously been part of smbd. The messages you are getting are just to
> tell you it has started.

OK.
But is it normal that they *keep* starting?
I get around 3000 "rpcd_lsad version 4.19.5 started" per day.

If it's normal I'll just filter them; I just wish to be sure there's no
hidden problem.

  bye & Thanks
	av.