[Samba] Security descriptors options of Group Policies

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu May 16 16:46:29 UTC 2024

On Thu, 16 May 2024 17:40:45 +0200
Olivier BILHAUT <obilhaut at fondation-misericorde.fr> wrote:

> Thanks Rowland for once again, an analysis that looks good.
>
> To you,
> is there a workaround at this stage ?

Not from myself,it has been years since I looked into this and only
really got has far as mapping the sysvol directory SDDLs on a 2012R2
DC. It was at this point that I was basically told my python was crap
(it wasn't said in that term, but it came across to me in that way), so
I just gave up.

> For others, let say someone that
> had dev this part, any chance to see a change in the next version ?

That's up to others, but I feel it will need to be a pretty large
patch, If I an correct (and I might not be, though I seem to remember
Louis Van Belle confirmed my findings), Samba has never used the
correct ACLs on SYSVOL.

Rowland