[Samba] Security descriptors options of Group Policies

Olivier BILHAUT obilhaut at fondation-misericorde.fr
Thu May 16 09:26:54 UTC 2024

Hi Samba List, hope you're doing well all.

We have realized a security
audit of our Samba4 Active Directory.

It returns that the security
descriptors options of all our GPO objects are wrong. They should be :

SE_DACL_AUTO_INHERITED
SE_DACL_PRESENT

instead of this, the options
are by default :

SE_DACL_PROTECTED
SE_DACL_PRESENT

We can change the
options, but the "sysvolreset" command of samba-tool revert our changes
at every run. (BTW we use sysvolreset because "sysvolcheck" returns
errors after each GPO creation, without knowing why).

So there are
multiple questions in one :

 	* Why are the security descriptors
options not like the recommanded ones ?
 	* Is there a way to change how
sysvolreset apply security descriptor options ?
 	* And alternatively,
do you know why sysvolcheck returns errors after each GPO creation
?

Many thanks to all.

--

Olivier