[Samba] Looking for Python docs/examples to modify DNS via keytab

christian baltini christian.baltini at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 05:10:12 UTC 2024

Hello Rowland, I see that and an trying to recreate the script logic line-by line in the terminal as a proof of understanding, but I am having some trouble.

Here is what I am trying:

“kinit administrator” - I then provide username and password, and get /tmp/krb5cc_0 – I understand this is equivalent what the script is generating with the exported keytab file, is this correct?

I then try this just as a test command:

"samba-tool dns zonelist localhost --use-krb5-ccache=/tmp/krbcc_0”. (I get the same result with my server’s FQDN instead of “localhost”)

I have also tried setting the environment variable in the script like so “EXPORT KRB5CCNAME=/tmp/krb5cc_0"

Do you have any advice on what might not be working?

I have confirmed everything working without the —use-krb5-ccache and supplying username and password does work

As for your question, I have not gotten that far yet : )

Thank you.