[Samba] sysvol issues

Sonic sonicsmith at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 14:50:47 UTC 2024

Every time I use RSAT's GPO editor Samba DCs fail sysvolcheck, and
require a sysvolreset. This happens on two different DC's (domains).

Also on one of the DCs if I attempt the sysvolreset while samba is
running I get a continuous:
idmap range not specified for domain '*'
idmap range not specified for domain '*'
idmap range not specified for domain '*'
idmap range not specified for domain '*'
idmap range not specified for domain '*'
idmap range not specified for domain '*'
idmap range not specified for domain '*'
idmap range not specified for domain '*'

I therefore need to stop samba in order to do the sysvolreset.

Are these known issues? Is there a fix?

Thank you,
Chris