[Samba] Online AD Backup fails with "no auth" in 4.20?

Matthias Kühne | Ellerhold Aktiengesellschaft matthias.kuehne at ellerhold.de
Fri Jun 28 05:41:43 UTC 2024

Hello Michael,

the order of installation is irrelevant, I just posted it to get one
point across: you need both samba-ad-provision and samba-dsdb-modules on
a member server to do the online backup.

With 4.19 both package were installed as dependency of the standard
"samba" package. With 4.20.2 the split into "samba" (fileserver) and
"samba-ad-dc" happened and these packages got removed from deps from the
fileserver - hence I uninstalled them on all my fileservers.

That was my understanding ... but looking at samba
2:4.19.7+dfsg-1~mjt-deb12 ... "samba-vfs-modules, samba-ad-provision"
are only in the recommends section, not in depends. They were not
manually installed (so should be marked auto installed and show be shown
as autoremovable). But with "apt autoremove" 0 packages are presented to
me? Running apt remove shows me that they are not a dependency of
another package??

So they're not depended on by other packages, werent installed manually
but wont be removed by autoremove? How is that possible?

Thanks for your help!

--
Senior Webentwickler
Datenschutzbeauftragter

Ellerhold Aktiengesellschaft
Friedrich-List-Str. 4
01445 Radebeul

Telefon: +49 (0) 351 83933-61
Web: www.ellerhold.de
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ellerhold.gruppe
Instagram: www.instagram.com/ellerhold.gruppe
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/ellerhold-gruppe

Amtsgericht Dresden / HRB 23769
Vorstand: Stephan Ellerhold, Maximilian Ellerhold
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Frank Ellerhold

---Diese E-Mail und Ihre Anlagen enthalten vertrauliche Mitteilungen. Sollten Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Adressat sein, so bitten wir Sie um Mitteilung und um sofortiges löschen dieser E-Mail und der Anlagen.

Unsere Hinweise zum Datenschutz finden Sie hier: http://www.ellerhold.de/datenschutz/

This e-mail and its attachments are privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us and immediately delete this e-mail and its attachments.

You can find our privacy policy here: http://www.ellerhold.de/datenschutz/