[Samba] Error when raising Samba 4.19 Functional Level

Denis CARDON dcardon at tranquil.it
Wed Jun 26 14:53:08 UTC 2024

Hi Felipe,

Le 25/06/2024 à 17:14, Felipe Ribeiro de Oliveira via samba a écrit :
> Hi, I raised the functional level of my Samba 4.19 server with the commands
> below, the Schema update took a long time but ended successfully, however
> when raising the functional level with the second command the error below
> occurred and I was unable to complete the complete process. Can anyone tell
> me what could have happened or if they have experienced this?
>
> 1 - samba-tool domain schemaupgrade --schema=2019
> 2 - samba-tool domain functionalprep --function-level=2016
> 3 - samba-tool domain level raise --domain-level=2016 --forest-level=2016
>
> Error:
>
> Exception: (1, 'descriptor_modify on CN=XXXX,CN=XXXX,DC=XX,DC=XXXX,DC=XX
> failed: (-30788) - MDB_TXN_FULL: Transaction has too many dirty pages -
> transaction too big at ../ ../lib/ldb/ldb_mdb/ldb_mdb.c:203')
> cancel called but no ldb transactions are active!
> ERROR(ldb): uncaught exception - descriptor_modify on
> CN=XXXX,CN=XXXX,DC=XX,DC=XXXX,DC=XX failed: (-30788) - MDB_TXN_FULL:
> Transaction has too many dirty pages - transaction too big at .
> ./../lib/ldb/ldb_mdb/ldb_mdb.c:203
> File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/sernet/samba/netcmd/__init__.py",
> line 279, in _run
> return self. run(*args, **kwargs)
> File
> "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/sernet/samba/netcmd/domain/functional_prep.py",
> line 137, in run
> samdb.transaction_cancel()

we have had this issue at another client earlier and Andréas here digged
into this issue [1]. There is a compile time constant in LMDB lib that
is too low for large samba Domain.

I think you just have to upgrade LMDB. Looking at your python 3.6 I
guess you are still on CentOS7, then you can get the patched lmdb here
(reminder: you should only need the lmdb package for that specific bug):

* http://samba.tranquil.it/centos7/samba-4.19.7/
* http://samba.tranquil.it/centos7/samba-4.19.7-srcrpm/

Cheers,

Denis