[Samba] Random permission denied and path not found errors

Tamás Papp t.papp at spectral.hu
Sat Jun 22 09:34:21 UTC 2024

I have upgraded one of the servers to 4.20 from MJT's repository, however
it's not the main one and has way lower traffic load.

I have also removed the entries that you suggested.

Besides this changes I started wondering two other workarounds.

1. Is it possible to add and authenticate a local user when the samba
server is an AD member?
I would add a local user and render machines would map the share with that
user.

2. Is there any option to cache AD users better?
My assumption is that the user id or gid does not resolve properly and
that's the root cause.

Could you advice, please?