[Samba] use of ‘idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes’ in DCs

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 17:32:25 UTC 2024

hello,

So the idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes in smb.conf is only used on the "first"
provisioned DC, and it's not necessary on the others that have joined?

If another DC has taken over the FSMO roles, does only that DC need to have
the entry?

Thanks!

On Fri, Jun 21, 2024 at 4:44 AM Marco Gaiarin via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Mandi! Christian Naumer via samba
>   In chel di` si favelave...
>
> > It is the same for the ID backends on member servers. RID should be the
> > one recommended for all "Newbies". Giving all those options you can use
> > is very "Open Source" but is also what makes it hard vor beginners.
> > Still at least I would like to have the information about rfc2307 still
> > in the Wiki so that nerds like me can find it if the y need it.
>
> +1.
>
> rfc2307 leave more control on sysadmin hand. Need some more attentions. But
> i think is a good things and have to be presreved...
>
> --
>

> --

Elias Pereira