[Samba] Classicupgrade FL 2012_R2 NTLM/Kerberos logon

Marco Gaiarin gaio at lilliput.linux.it
Fri Jun 21 06:55:39 UTC 2024

Mandi! Peter Milesson via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> About redirection of AppData (Roaming), there are many different
> opinions. I prefer to redirect AppData (Roaming) to not loose user
> settings, if something happens.

Only for completeness... i redirect all 'standard' folders (Document,
Video, ...), i don't redirect AppData.

But via logon script, i manage 'ExcludeProfileDirs' registry key removing
from roaming profiles most bloat.

	https://helgeklein.com/blog/how-to-reduce-the-size-of-roaming-profiles/

> Reconstructing a user profile with all
> details can be quite time consuming. If it's not important, just leave
> that folder out from folder redirection.

I confirm that. I use only a different approach. ;-)