[Samba] lock account UserAccountControl

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jun 17 10:58:47 UTC 2024

On Mon, 17 Jun 2024 13:47:16 +0300
Omnis ludis - games via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> yes, I understand that there is an account disabled and blocked, it
> is the blocking that interests me, but as I understand it, this
> cannot be achieved in standard ways, right? and if you make a change
> directly to the database?

AD now uses the ms-DS-User-Account-Control-Computed attribute to tell
if a user is locked (if they have entered the wrong password numerous
times, for instance), this attribute is computed by the system and
cannot be set.

All you can do is unlock the user by setting the users lockoutTime
attribute to '0'.

Rowland