[Samba] Users appears as SID instead of their own name.

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Jun 15 09:53:05 UTC 2024

On Sat, 15 Jun 2024 11:11:09 +0200
Josep Maria Gorro via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Helo Rowland
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> I'm using Centos7 as AD server.
> At this time I'm trying to compile another server with Ubuntu 22.04
> and Samba 4.20.1.

Can I suggest Debian bookworm with Samba from backports instead, this
will get you a very recent version of Samba.

> I'm thinking to merge it as an AD on current
> domain. If this runs I'll try to move FSMO from old to new.
> Finally I'll demote old one.
> Hope this will run and solve the issue.

Worth trying, but if it does fail, then we need any and all error
messages to try and help you.

> Regarding support, I checked samba.org page for companies in Spain.
> As anyone gives me reply, I started to locate other companies
> worldwide. At this time I sent a request to another one (waiting for
> reply). It will be useful if you can give me some choices. Better to
> be on a similar time zone to be available at same time.

All I can suggest is that you try some of the local countries, perhaps
Sernet in Germany.

Rowland