[Samba] use of ‘idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes’ in DCs

Christian Naumer christian.naumer at greyfish.net
Wed Jun 12 07:00:47 UTC 2024

Am 11.06.24 um 19:37 schrieb Luis Peromarta via samba:
> Correct, and I have done so and explained extensively at the beginning to this thread.
>
> Question is:
>
> Should we stop telling people to provision with idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes ?

As one who uses that option I would say no. However, I see that it is
very confusing for someone new to Samba.

It is the same for the ID backends on member servers. RID should be the
one recommended for all "Newbies". Giving all those options you can use
is very "Open Source" but is also what makes it hard vor beginners.

Still at least I would like to have the information about rfc2307 still
in the Wiki so that nerds like me can find it if the y need it.

Our use case is that (admin) users do login to the DCs and they want
their respective UID/Shell etc. I admit a "thin" use case.

Regards

Christian