[Samba] SeDiskOperatorPrivilege_Privilege

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jun 11 16:52:13 UTC 2024

On Tue, 11 Jun 2024 18:41:52 +0200
Ralph Boehme <slow at samba.org> wrote:

> On 6/11/24 6:34 PM, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> > Oh Hum, we have only been saying for over 10 years, that you must
> > set the 'SeDiskOperatorPrivilege' if setting share permissions from
> > Windows.
> >
> > I will re-write the wikipage.
>
> iirc, as pointed out by Jeremy, we only need if for managing open
> files, connected users asf in the MMC plugin.
>
> -slow

Can you please expand on that. From my testing (and others) the
wikipage:

Says: Only users and groups having the SeDiskOperatorPrivilege
privilege granted can configure share permissions.

The only problem is, that statement doesn't appear to be true, you can
set permissions from Windows if no user or group holds the
'SeDiskOperatorPrivilege' privilege.

Rowland