[Samba] SeDiskOperatorPrivilege_Privilege

Bailey Allison ballison at 45drives.com
Tue Jun 11 13:47:30 UTC 2024

Hey Rowland,

Just wanted to say you are 100% correct, and it does (seemingly) nothing, at least within the context of setting Windows ACLs. I believe I have made a post on here a while ago with the same observation, I will see if I can find it.

For configuring of Windows ACLs, the only thing it initially cares about is the owner user or owner group on the directory you are sharing out. If you are either the user, or a member of the group you can then modify the ACLs, if you are not then you can't modify the ACLs.

Regards,

Bailey