[Samba] mjt debian/ubuntu samba builds update

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Mon Jun 10 17:48:41 UTC 2024

Hi!

I just uploaded binaries of samba versions 4.19.7-1 and 4.20.1-5 for ubuntu and
debian to the usual location, http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/packages/samba/ .

There are a few changes in there.

First, I changed debian release suffix to be like:

   4.20.1+dfsg-5~mjt-deb11
   4.20.1+dfsg-5~mjt-ubt24

This should not change anything, just make it easier to track if neded,
hopefully.

And for 4.20 upload, AD-DC functionality has been moved out of main
samba package into samba-ad-dc package.  Please read the NEWS file in
samba about this if you need AD-DC, it is not part of the main samba
package anymore.  This has already happened in debian bookworm-backports,
mentioned here a few days ago.

Unfortunately samba packages still can't be cross-compiled, so I'm not
providing binaries for anything but amd64.  The problem is that samba
build system uses the same python as it builds for, while build python
is different from host python when cross-compiling.  This part didn't
change despite multiple users asked me to provide binaries for arm64
too, in addition to amd64.  For this to work, build python (the one
which is used to run wafsamba) should be de-coupled from host python
(the one which we build for).

Thanks,

/mjt

--
GPG Key transition (from rsa2048 to rsa4096) since 2024-04-24.
New key: rsa4096/61AD3D98ECDF2C8E  9D8B E14E 3F2A 9DD7 9199  28F1 61AD 3D98 ECDF 2C8E