[Samba] SeDiskOperatorPrivilege_Privilege

Luis Peromarta lperoma at icloud.com
Sun Jun 9 15:53:30 UTC 2024

Mmm… strange ? Or is this what you were expecting ?

root at member:/# net rpc rights list privileges SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -Uadministrator
Password for [MAD\administrator]:
Could not connect to server 127.0.0.1
The username or password was not correct.
Connection failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

root at member:/# net rpc rights list privileges SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -Uadministrator
Password for [MAD\administrator]:
Could not connect to server 127.0.0.1
The username or password was not correct.
Connection failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

root at member:/# net rpc rights list privileges SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -UAdministrator
Password for [MAD\Administrator]:
Could not connect to server 127.0.0.1
The username or password was not correct.
Connection failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

root at member:/# net rpc rights list privileges SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -U "MAD\Administrator"
Password for [MAD\Administrator]:
Could not connect to server 127.0.0.1
The username or password was not correct.
Connection failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

But then:

root at member:/# net rpc rights list privileges SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -Uluis
Password for [MAD\luis]:
SeDiskOperatorPrivilege:
 BUILTIN\Administrators

Remember there is no root map via user.map - if it matters. And as FYI:

root at member:/# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.3.1 member.mad.mater.int member

root at member:/# cat /etc/samba/smb.conf
# Global parameters
[global]
 security = ADS
 workgroup = MAD
 realm = MAD.MATER.INT
 netbios name = MEMBER
 server role = member server
 log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log

# Disable Netbios
 disable netbios = yes

# Enforce minimum protolo SMB3
# server min protocol = SMB3

# To enable Group Policy application in winbind,
 apply group policies = yes

# Default ID mapping configuration for local BUILTIN accounts

 idmap config * : backend = tdb
 idmap config * : range = 3000-7999

# idmap config for the MAD domain

 idmap config MAD : backend = ad
 idmap config MAD : schema_mode = rfc2307
 idmap config MAD : range = 10000-999999
 idmap config MAD : unix_nss_info = yes

# Read AD unix attributes to allow ssh login to server:
# winbind nss info = rfc2307

# winbind config:
 winbind use default domain = yes
# winbind enum users = yes
# winbind enum groups = yes

# renew the kerberos ticket

 winbind refresh tickets = yes
 kerberos method = secrets and keytab

# Map Administrator to root

 username map = /etc/samba/user.map
 min domain uid = 0

# To configure shares using extended access control lists (ACL)
 vfs objects = acl_xattr
 map acl inherit = yes
 acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes

[test]