[Samba] DC upgraded to 4.20.1 - issues

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Fri Jun 7 06:39:38 UTC 2024

I run 2 DCs at a site, Debian 12.5, so far samba-4.19.6 from backports.

Today I upgraded one of them, this brought samba-4.20.1

Now on this one DC stuff like "wbinfo -g" fails:

# wbinfo -g
could not obtain winbind interface details: WBC_ERR_WINBIND_NOT_AVAILABLE
could not obtain winbind domain name!
failed to call wbcListGroups: WBC_ERR_WINBIND_NOT_AVAILABLE
Error looking up domain groups

# wbinfo -t
could not obtain winbind interface details: WBC_ERR_WINBIND_NOT_AVAILABLE
could not obtain winbind domain name!
checking the trust secret for domain (null) via RPC calls failed
failed to call wbcCheckTrustCredentials: WBC_ERR_WINBIND_NOT_AVAILABLE
Could not check secret

On the other DC things work fine and so far no user has alerted me ...

winbind is installed, but somehow not started by "samba-ad-dc".

What can I do here?

thanks

btw: drs replication also seems to fail in some parts