[Samba] Classicupgrade FL 2012_R2 NTLM/Kerberos logon

Christian Naumer christian.naumer at greyfish.net
Thu Jun 6 13:58:16 UTC 2024

Am 06.06.24 um 13:33 schrieb Havany via samba:
> The second problem for this approach is that we need to write a (maybe
> complex) logon script to be able to keep user local profile when a
> computer is moved to the new Domain.

The SID of the old domain will be imbedded in the profile. To change
this there are some commercial tools out there. And maybe some people
have got it to work with scripts of their own. But this is not a simple
logon script as you need to dig deep into the registry of the profile.

Just a warning.

We did a classicupgrade and it did work without problems but we where
only ~120 Users.

Regards

Christian