[Samba] SePrintOperatorPrivilege NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

calm.job89448 at fastmail.com calm.job89448 at fastmail.com
Thu Jun 6 10:30:30 UTC 2024

On Wed, Jun 5, 2024, at 17:58, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
>> > /etc/resolv.conf
>> domain mydomain.work
>> search mydomain.work
>
> 'domain, and 'search' in resolv.conf were mutually exclusive and the
> last one wins, but in the last resolv.conf code, 'domain' has been
> removed.

Thank you. This is how it looks now.

nameserver 10.1.1.1
nameserver 10.1.1.3
search keuchen.local

> I take it the nameservers are DCs.

Yes, exactly.

>> > /etc/hosts
>> 127.0.0.1       localhost
>> 10.1.1.33       prnt01.mydomain.work    prnt01
>
> I take it this machine has a fixed IP.

It was not, actually.
I had a reservation for the machine on the DHCP server which always gave it the same IP address.
I changed the setting to static now because I noticed another issue with resolv.conf ... it would always revert after a reboot. Now it doesn't anymore.

> Is there a firewall in use ?

No, none that I know of.
The machine runs a vanilla Debian 12 with nothing but SSH server, so no firewall afaik.

I said this already but by now I'm starting to wonder whether it wouldn't be easier and quicker to just start again. Hoping of course, that the problem would not reappear. :-D