[Samba] WMI - SAMBA4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jun 5 20:00:45 UTC 2024

On Wed, 2024-06-05 at 10:20 -0300, Gabriel via samba wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have implemented SAMBA4 AD version 4.19.2 and need to integrate
> trademarked firewall and proxy services.
>
> One of the services we are looking to integrate is Check Point’s Next
> Generation Firewall with Identity Awareness (
> https://www.checkpoint.com/es/next-generation-firewall/identity-awareness/
> ).
>
> I have been investigating whether there is a service similar to WMI
> Active
> Directory in SAMBA4 (
> https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/desktop/mmc/wmi-and-active-directory-interoperability
> ),
> but I have not found anything.

No, we don't have a WMI client or server.

Just to help those asking a different question who come access this
post, there is an old WMI client out there, wmic, based on an early
Samba alpha, but due to a very unfortunate sequence of events, it was
forked in secret, licensed GPLv2 only and then only later became public
after we deleted all the required infrastructure.

Some have asked us to revive it, but the effort is considerable,
sadly.

Andrew Bartlett
Samba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
Catalyst.Net Ltd

Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group
company

Samba Development and Support: https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba

Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions