[Samba] SePrintOperatorPrivilege NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jun 5 15:58:29 UTC 2024

On Wed, 05 Jun 2024 17:25:52 +0200
calm.job89448 at fastmail.com wrote:

> Hi Rowland,
>
> thanks again.
>
> On Wed, Jun 5, 2024, at 17:10, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
>
> >> I tried both. First sudo, as I setup everything with sudo and out
> >> of curiosity with root. No luck.
> >> Was it wrong to setup as user with sudo privileges?
> >
> > No, it should work, perhaps you have a dns problem. Can you please
> > post the contents of:
> > /etc/resolv.conf
> domain mydomain.work
> search mydomain.work

'domain, and 'search' in resolv.conf were mutually exclusive and the
last one wins, but in the last resolv.conf code, 'domain' has been
removed.

> nameserver 10.1.1.1
> nameserver 10.1.1.3

I take it the nameservers are DCs.

> > /etc/hostname
> prnt01
>
> > /etc/hosts
> 127.0.0.1       localhost
> 10.1.1.33       prnt01.mydomain.work    prnt01

I take it this machine has a fixed IP.

> > Can you also explain why there doesn't appear to be any 'idmap
> > config' lines in your smb.conf ?
>
> Sorry, thought I'd only post what I thought is relevant.

Better to post the full current smb.conf than fragments ;-)
But there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the smb.conf

Is there a firewall in use ?

Rowland