[Samba] Failed to bind to uuid NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Christian Naumer christian.naumer at greyfish.net
Wed Jun 5 13:33:49 UTC 2024

May be this will work:

/usr/share/samba/scripts/chgtdcpass --help
Usage: chgtdcpass [options]

   -h, --help            show this help message and exit

   Samba Common Options:
     -s FILE, --configfile=FILE
                         Configuration file
     -d DEBUGLEVEL, --debuglevel=DEBUGLEVEL
                         debug level
     --option=OPTION     set smb.conf option from command line
     --realm=REALM       set the realm name

   Version Options:
     -V, --version       Display version number

   Credentials Options:
     --simple-bind-dn=DN
                         DN to use for a simple bind
     --password=PASSWORD
                         Password
     -U USERNAME, --username=USERNAME
                         Username
     -W WORKGROUP, --workgroup=WORKGROUP
                         Workgroup
     -N, --no-pass       Don't ask for a password
     --ipaddress=IPADDRESS
                         IP address of server
     -P, --machine-pass  Use stored machine account password
     --use-kerberos=desired|required|off
                         Use Kerberos authentication
     --use-krb5-ccache=KRB5CCNAME
                         Kerberos Credentials cache
     -A AUTHFILE, --authentication-file=AUTHFILE
                         Authentication file
     -k KERBEROS, --kerberos=KERBEROS
                         DEPRECATED: Migrate to --use-kerberos

You have to check where the script is in your installation.

Regards

Christian