[Samba] SePrintOperatorPrivilege NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

calm.job89448 at fastmail.com calm.job89448 at fastmail.com
Wed Jun 5 10:46:11 UTC 2024

Hi everyone,

I seem to have come to a dead end, so here I am, turning to you, asking for your expertise. :)

Whenever I try

net rpc rights grant 'MYDOMAIN\grp_it_members' SePrintOperatorPrivilege -U'MYDOMAIN\admin'

I get this error:

Password for [MYDOMAIN\admin]:
Could not connect to server 127.0.0.1
The username or password was not correct.
Connection failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Password is correct, I tried other users as well, with the same result.
Here's the relevant part of the smb.conf:

[global]
security = ADS
workgroup = MYDOMAIN
realm = MYDOMAIN.WORK
server role = member server
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
bind interfaces only = yes
# Please substitute your own physical cards here:
interfaces = lo ens18

# Enable Group Policy application in winbind,
apply group policies = yes

# winbind config:
winbind use default domain = yes

# The following options are only useful for testing. Comment out in production.
# winbind enum users = yes
# winbind enum groups = yes

# Map Administrator to root
username map = /etc/samba/user.map
min domain uid = 0

# Kerberos
winbind refresh tickets = Yes
kerberos method = secrets and keytab

I found this in the Samba-Wiki:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Member_Server_Troubleshooting
and made sure user.map and smb.conf are correct.

Joining worked fine, I can ping the DC browse users and groups ... only this doesn't work.

Any ideas?!

Thanks so much in advance,
 khalid