[Samba] Compiler output from waf build?

Hauke Fath (SPG) hf at spg.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jul 22 14:54:35 UTC 2024

On 2024-07-22 16:29, Erwin Hoffmann via samba wrote:
>> an attempt to build samba 4.13.17 on FreeBSD fails with
>
> Why this VERY old version?

We are running time machine backups from mac clients to a 4.13.17
installation. Any attempts with newer versions (at various times 4.16,
4.19. 4.20.2) have failed: I can mount shares, but files are invisible,
the window is empty. You can find quite a number of reports on that on
the web.

So I figured I'd rebuild the known-good version in the way of a general
package update, just to discover it is not.

Note that this is a build with all things Active Directory disabled, for
a humble smb fileserver. Why the configuration even attempts to build
Kerberos code would be my next question...

Cheerio,
Hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
      Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344