[Samba] new DC via clone..

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jul 22 10:06:30 UTC 2024

On Mon, 22 Jul 2024 11:55:20 +0200
Joachim Lindenberg via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hello Rowland,
> your dislike of clone was not shared by Andrew in
> https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2020-December/233699.html. Can
> you please put asside your dislike and help to figure out, which
> service is defunct, as probably the same issue of not knowing which
> service does not start could happen even with a new install? Thanks,
> Joachim

It isn't that I dislike cloning, it is that I do not see the point.

From your link, Andrew said:

I would ensure the Samba directories are clean.

you must re-join after the clone

So what you are really 'cloning' is the base OS, I personally think it
would be easier to demote the 'bad' DC, create a new one and then join
that to the domain.

I haven't a clue which service is defunct on your DC and having never
cloned a DC, I wouldn't know where to start.

Rowland