[Samba] dbcheck gets uncaught exception

Heiko Robert heiko.samba.info at ecm4u.de
Tue Jul 16 23:15:57 UTC 2024

> Do you have also a tip how to remove these orphaned entries?

found a similar post in the list suggesting *not* to use the --yes flag
when running dbcheck.

Now I was able to remove the orphaned nodes one by one but now still get
that uncaught exception without any hint. Is there a debug flag I can
set to unterstand what happens? In log.samba and syslog I don't see any
output.

samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs --fix
Checking 3605 objects
ERROR(ldb): uncaught exception - ldb_wait from (null) with LDB_WAIT_ALL:
Operations error (1)
   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line
186, in _run
     return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/dbcheck.py", line
169, in run
     error_count = chk.check_database(DN=DN, scope=search_scope,
   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/samba/dbchecker.py", line 255,
in check_database
     error_count += self.check_object(object.dn, requested_attrs=attrs)
   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/samba/dbchecker.py", line 2310,
in check_object
     res = self.samdb.search(base=dn, scope=ldb.SCOPE_BASE,