[Samba] btrfs and quotas: best practice?

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Wed Jul 10 17:19:44 UTC 2024

today I migrated a customer to a new samba-domain-member/file-server

The main shares are based on btrfs-subvolumes.

The admin there wants to limit the visible space to discipline the users ...

I created a quota group in btrfs and set a limit, but this is not
reflected in the properties of the connected samba-share in windows.

Is there a recommended way to achieve this?

I want to set and maintain quotas on one layer only ...

thanks for any pointers here