[Samba] DomainDnsZones and ForestDnsZones problem transfer

Omnis ludis - games sergey.gortinsc17 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 08:33:56 UTC 2024

  while transferring fsmo roles I encountered a problem transferring the
DomainDnsZones and ForestDnzZones roles in samba 4.20.2, I went to the
samba source code in the fsmo.py file and started studying the code snippet
in the Transfer_dns_role() function

if master_dns_name != new_dns_name:
        lp = sambaopts.get_loadparm()
        creds = credopts.get_credentials(lp, Fallback_machine=True)
        samdb = SamDB(url="ldap://%s" % (master_dns_name),
                      session_info=system_session(),
                      credentials=credits, lp=lp)
and then I discovered a problem in the line SamDB(url="ldap://%s" %
(master_dns_name)
you must use new_dns_name, otherwise the following error will occur when
transferring roles.
Failed to add role 'domaindns': LDAP error 53 LDAP_UNWILLING_TO_PERFORM -
<000020AE: SvcErr: DSID-03152DA8, issue 5003 (WILL_NOT_PERFORM), data 0
since the ability to make corrections to the owner of the video is
prohibited by MSAD, please fix this in the next version of Samba