[Samba] Windows 11 logon issue

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jul 8 08:11:42 UTC 2024

On Sun, 7 Jul 2024 00:55:20 +0100
Jonathan Hunter via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently noticed that two separate Windows 11 machines joined to my
> domain are not letting me log in to them as a domain user. In the
> Windows Security event log I can see 'Audit Failure' - 'An account
> failed to log on'. Details shown are: 'Account for which logon failed'
> - 'Security ID: NULL SID'; 'Account Name: myusername'; 'Account
> Domain: mydomain'. In the 'Failure Information' it shows me 'Failure
> Reason: An error occurred during logon'; 'Status: 0xC000006D'; 'Sub
>
> Has anyone else experienced this - is it just me?

This is very probably a Windows issue, '0XC000006D' is
STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE, which is 'The user name or password is
incorrect.', but. as you don't seem to have a SID, might mean your
win11 computer cannot, for some reason, contact the DC, so have you
tried the standard Windows fix ? Also known as turning it off and on
again ;-)

I think you can ignore the 'NT_STATUS_TIME_DIFFERENCE_AT_DC', Samba
seems to return it as an error code as a backstop, try turning up the
loglevel to 2 on the DCs, that should make another error message pop
out.

Rowland