[Samba] anonymous ldap search, how disable it?

Douglas Bagnall douglas.bagnall at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Jul 4 22:21:50 UTC 2024

On 4/07/24 17:38, Joachim Lindenberg via samba wrote:
> Afaik or understand, enum4linux uses samba-tool (https://www.kali.org/tools/enum4linux/) and not ldap. Did you try enum4linux on a member (probably after some authentication) or some other non-member linux?

I don't think that is quite the right distinction, because samba-tool
would probably use ldap for this.

Also, I see ldapsearch at
https://gitlab.com/kalilinux/packages/enum4linux/-/blob/kali/master/enum4linux.pl?ref_type=heads#L413

However, the enum_groups and enum_dom_groups functions use Sambas's
rpcclient and net.

e.g.
https://gitlab.com/kalilinux/packages/enum4linux/-/blob/kali/master/enum4linux.pl?ref_type=heads#L566

I haven't looked closely, but I feel like I should.

Douglas