[Samba] Access to sockets denied in Termux

Mike Yates myates23 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 20:30:12 UTC 2024

Yes there is the authorisation issue, which I have solved separately in a
native Linux host, by using a separate smbd -D instead of qemu's internal
-nic smb=<path> which requires samba to be installed but seems to ignore
smb.conf.
In Termux, I cannot get smbd running because of ports, so need to know how
to configure smb.conf to not require low ports.
I am also asking in the qemu forums, but no joy yet.

On Wed, 24 Jan 2024 at 09:33, Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org>
wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Jan 2024 12:45:09 +0000
> Mike Yates via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to start smbd when ports < 1024 are unavailable?
> > It seems that qemu does it, because the -nic smb=<path> provides a
> > working smbd instance available to smbmount, if not win9x. So what
> > smb.conf options does qemu use?
> > smbd -D crashes in Termux, as shown below.
> >

> I have been thinking about this and I now wonder if you hitting another
> problem that has nothing to do with the ports. Win95/98/ME only used
> lanman auth and this has been turned off for quite some time (its not
> very secure). try reading 'man smb.conf' for the various 'lanman auth'
> parameters that you may need to turn back on.
>
> Rowland
>
> --

Mike Yates          Cowley   Middlesex   England